Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cigars

Posted by Ryan Nafe 
Cigars
January 15, 2022 03:48AM

That’s an Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro, in the figurado shape/size. In the cigar lounge at the shop, with Top Gun on the TV. In the middle of winter, it’s hard to beat relaxing in that environment with a good cigar for an hour or two. At least for me.

A truly excellent cigar, easily on par with the Padron ‘64 series and quite close to the Padron ‘26 series, while being a better value than either of them. The in-store price is $16.50 which certainly isn’t cheap, but the same size Padron ‘64 or ‘26 would be about $20 or $30 respectively. Undoubtedly one of the very best cigars coming out of Nicaragua, Oliva really does a phenomenal job with these things.

It’s not nearly as sweet as most maduro cigars, though, so know that going in if you’re looking for a sweet chocolate/coffee/cream experience. Much more earthy, leathery, and pungent than the typical maduro flavors, especially when compared to something like a classic American style maduro such as the Ashton Aged Maduro. It’s a much different experience.

Oh and be sure to have eaten a decent meal recently if you’re gonna smoke one of these, they hit pretty hard.
Re: Cigars
January 22, 2022 08:51PM
Another cigar that’s on the same broad level of quality as the Oliva Melanio, Padron’s ‘64 and ‘26, Ashton’s VSG, etc: Behold, the Liga Privada T52 from Drew Estate:

I’ll keep this one short and just say that if you’re looking for an ultra premium cigar but don’t want some of the very strong Nicaraguan cigars I’ve previously mentioned, please don’t hesitate to try either the T52 or the No. 9 from Drew Estate’s Liga Privada line. Both are exceptionally good. Very unique, too, especially the T52 with its American Habano Stalk-Cut wrapper. It’s one of the most unique and most well-balanced flavor profiles I’ve ever had from a cigar. Just a phenomenal stick, well worth the $15 to me.
Re: Cigars
September 06, 2022 01:11AM
I have a thing for Arturo Fuentes cigars. I like the Breva and Curly Head Deluxe. For Gas-Station cigars, I like a Black and Mild 'Sweet' Flavor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login