Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mora 120

Posted by jasonstone20 
Mora 120
August 15, 2021 04:44PM
Cliff often used this knife in his sharpening stone experiments and testing, and every since I saw him use it, I wanted one:

It has a laminated blade of stainless steel on the outside, and carbon steel on the inside, for the blade edge. Unlike my recently acquired Mora 510, this one came with a decent edge, one that would push cut newsprint at the point of hold at a 90*/90*/90* angle. The blade length is 2 3/8" long, with a thick 4"x1" natural wood handle. It also has a full tang blade, although I suspect a rat tail tang, but I could be wrong. The sheath is the plastic 'Classic' style, with friction retention.
me2
Re: Mora 120
October 01, 2021 12:35PM
As a knife guy I feel it’s a requirement to own a Mora, similar to the same feeling about a Buck 110, Spyderco Delica, some sort of Tanto, and one version or another of the Axis lock. I currently do not have a Mora. I found the one I had to be somewhat unwieldy. How thick is the spine on this one? That scandi edge on too thick a stock is what turned me against the other one, a Companion model I think.
October 02, 2021 01:00AM
Chris,
The spine thickness is 0.130" / 1/8" / 3.35mm.
October 02, 2021 06:24AM
Jason I really like those. I bought one 5 or 6 years ago after seeing Cliff use one, like you said. They’re really solid little knives, I really like the handle especially.
October 02, 2021 03:42PM
Ryan,
Yes, I like the handle too. A weird thing happened except for the 510 and me previously having the 511, all the Mora's I have ordered have different blade lengths and different handle types. Didn't plan it that way, it just happened.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login