Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Experimental Designs and You

Posted by Older Spice 
Experimental Designs and You
October 11, 2021 03:06AM
So I will be using the below.

As a starting point on how to design an experiment that will yield statistically useful data and then how to do the analysis for that data..Primarily, what needs to be changed and done to convert AVE's experiment into something that could be published under peer review. This will be a series of posts, and the next one will come later in the week.
Re: Experimental Designs and You
October 11, 2021 03:30AM
Older Spice
Primarily, what needs to be changed and done to convert AVE's experiment into something that could be published under peer review.

Just to be clear, is that an open question or are you saying that you’re going to explain that later on?

I may have some input on the subject, but if your intent is to make a series of posts, an actual breakdown and explanation, then I’d happily leave you to it because I have quite a lot of confidence that your depth of knowledge on experiment design is greater than mine.
October 11, 2021 03:43AM
Yes my plan is to go through and provide a breakdown and explanation through the entire process. The goal being to provide a resource that people can then apply to there own questions. Helping people design their own experiments with good rigor and results they can be confident in.

That doesn't mean other people can't contribute or ask questions either though. But also that I will probably migrate this thread to a more appropriate location on the forum eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2021 03:44AM by Older Spice.
October 11, 2021 08:20AM
Okay no worries, just wanted to ask. It’s a good idea, I think.
October 13, 2021 10:01PM
Older Spice
[...]
As a starting point on how to design an experiment that will yield statistically useful data and then how to do the analysis for that data..Primarily, what needs to be changed and done to convert AVE's experiment into something that could be published under peer review. This will be a series of posts, and the next one will come later in the week.

Sounds worthwhile.
December 13, 2021 07:51AM
I will be posting the first part next week. Been busy wrapping up my experimental work for the year among other things.
December 13, 2021 06:26PM
No worries, dude.
October 05, 2023 09:03PM
Older Spice
[...]
As a starting point on how to design an experiment that will yield statistically useful data and then how to do the analysis for that data..Primarily, what needs to be changed and done to convert AVE's experiment into something that could be published under peer review. This will be a series of posts

Did anything ever come of this?
March 22, 2024 04:26AM
No, because I've been working on my phd for the last 3 years and haven't had the time.
March 27, 2024 09:18AM
Older Spice
No, because I've been working on my phd for the last 3 years and haven't had the time.

Makes sense. I was just curious.

Good luck to you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login