Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mors Kochanski Feather Sticking Video

Posted by jasonstone20 
Mors Kochanski Feather Sticking Video
August 16, 2021 01:12AM
This video reminds me how out of practice I am with making feathersticks. Since I just got two new Mora's, I better start practicing again, since it is summer and there are dry sticks all over the place.

Re: Mors Kochanski Feather Sticking Video
August 18, 2021 06:55PM
Wako has a new favorite knife for feathersticking, the Helle Fossekallen

[www.amazon.com]
November 20, 2021 07:11PM
for any kind of carving activity, finding the knife that fits your hand shape and size best is going to lead to the least fatigue and best perception of cutting ability, all other things being equal.

i had a friend who is a professional wood carver, and he always used to remove the handles from the knives and make the handles himself to fit his hand to an exacting level (like squeezing clay level)

i dont have a picture of the knife, but i have one pic of a carving he did with the knife. shows what a good carving knife can do with some skill to back it up.

the Helle looks like it has a nice high volume handle which would offer good support for carving. and shaving wood.
Attachments:
open | download - johncarving.jpg (193.4 KB)
November 22, 2021 08:45AM
Kyley,
Yeah, that is the biggest problem I have is hand fatigue. I should have stronger hands since I have been lockpicking for the last few months regularly. I have to keep my hands strong because of the chronic injuries I have to my hands, if I let them get weak the worse my condition gets. Making feathersticks should also be a good exercise for my hands. I need to start practicing a little bit each day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login