Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi everyone!

Posted by Taxy 
Hi everyone!
February 15, 2023 05:49PM
Hello everyone,

Although I registered with this forum almost a year ago, I didn't take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I live in Belgium and have been fascinated with knives and sharpening for a long time. Although I bought some sharpening stones early on (+10 years ago), I was mainly using guided systems (Sharpmaker, EdgePro, small TSProf) until recently. My interest has now thoroughly shifted to bench stones.

I do not really trust my freehand skills yet so I am using small angle guide blocks on the stone to keep a consistent angle.

Since a couple of years I was following Dr. Stamp with a lot of interest and awe. Almost everything I (think I) know about sharpening, I have picked up from his videos and reviews. His demise feels like a big loss, even though I never interacted with him personally.

I am considering doing a review of some relatively new bench stones - the Arkando series by Zische - mostly because there seems to be very little information about them online. If someone has suggestions on how to go about this, feel free to share.

Kind regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator