Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 Step Plateau Sharpening by Cliff Stamp

Posted by Wolfgang 
3 Step Plateau Sharpening by Cliff Stamp
December 04, 2022 10:43PM
When Cliff done that 4 minute video describing the process I noticed in the comments people saying they didn’t understand. Why? The audio was not in line with the video and thus confusion was created.

Cliff never got around to fixing it…I recall him saying he intended to but he was often doing far better things than editing videos.

Anyways, I edited the video for him and everyone else so people who would like to can hopefully take up his method without any additional issues. I added a few titles here and there and the description needs to be read also as there’s more instructions I’ve added. That can be found on my channel.

Any issues with the edit let me know. I think it’s fine and I’m not a Hollywood producer. winking smiley

This is the only video of Cliffs that I have edited and put on my channel as it’s the only one requiring it. I hope it helps those interested.
Wolf’s Channel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2022 10:58PM by Wolfgang.
Re: 3 Step Plateau Sharpening by Cliff Stamp
December 05, 2022 02:57AM
Wolfgang,
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!! Hopefully this will help! The original video reminds me of a guitar lesson video I have. If you slow it waaaaay down, it will work for beginners, but you really need to know how to play in the first place to get the full benefit of the lesson. Same thing with Cliff's video. If you are a beginner, you need to take it step by step and hit pause and rewind a lot. Hopefully some of the videos I and others have done showing the process in a longer format have helped, but Cliff was very good at instructing and usually made very good videos, as my videos are not that great.
December 06, 2022 12:26AM
jasonstone20
Wolfgang,
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!! Hopefully this will help! The original video reminds me of a guitar lesson video I have. If you slow it waaaaay down, it will work for beginners, but you really need to know how to play in the first place to get the full benefit of the lesson. Same thing with Cliff's video. If you are a beginner, you need to take it step by step and hit pause and rewind a lot. Hopefully some of the videos I and others have done showing the process in a longer format have helped, but Cliff was very good at instructing and usually made very good videos, as my videos are not that great.

Indeed. When I discovered this method I had to watch the video a couple of times as it didn’t make any sense.
December 20, 2022 02:27PM
@Wolfgang:

Fantastic work, I think this will help some interested people to better understand plateau sharpening. Thank you for your work!
December 20, 2022 04:07PM
KingShapton,
I have a Plateau Sharping video also on my YouTube that is rarely long at 45 min, and I tried to explain it the best I could, if you are interested in sharpening videos. It is one of the few sharpening videos I made.
December 21, 2022 07:35AM
@jasonstone

I'll watch your video too, I'm sure it's interesting too.
December 21, 2022 05:46PM
KingShapton,
I don't know if is interesting! The video is a little long, and I did demonstrate the way to get the desired results, so I am happy with it. The video should actually be broken up into three separate parts, as well as the whole video also. I also found a quick 8 min video I did on Plateau Sharpening. I would make sure you understood and could replicate the 3 Step Method first, however, since the Plateau Sharpening is an outgrowth of the 3 Step Method, because if you use the 3 Step Method for a while you get a feel and it naturally turns into the Plateau Method. We all had the same discovery at the same time on the old forum of the Plateau Sharpening Methods discovery, and the messages are on the old forum. I will dig those up once the old forum is back online. Here are the videos I was talking about:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login