Posted by jasonstone20 
Expandable Batons For EDC
January 29, 2022 06:45AM
Does anyone EDC an expandable baton? I EDC this: [www.galls.com]

[www.galls.com]

This article got my eye on the history of baton use by police:
[www.police1.com]
https://www.police1.com/

"Proponents of the baton will argue its merits, saying that the tool is actually quite versatile when put into trained hands and should remain a part of the police force’s arsenal. The changing designs and roles of the baton in law enforcement actually tells us a lot about the evolving role of the police force through history."

--

"Founded in 1976, ASP Inc. is one of the oldest and most well-known manufacturers of expandable batons in American law enforcement. They’re so common that some cops will use the name “ASP” to refer to any expandable baton."

--

"The expandable metal baton is perhaps the most popular version of the baton for law enforcement today. Ranging from 16” - 31”, the ASP is versatile and can be used for any duty assignment. It’s very light, which comes with its own set of pros and cons. Because of its weight, the ASP’s reload time is cut down and officers are able to deliver multiple strikes in a short period of time. On the other hand, the ASP might require multiple strikes to subdue larger attackers because of its stopping power. Heavier versions of expandable batons, such as the PeaceKeeper RCB, attempt to remedy this problem by making a sturdier, more robust baton."

Luckily I haven't had to use it, so I really don't know how effective it is. There is a lot of misinformation when it comes to these types of weapons unfortunately. I feel that most issues with an expandable baton are from poor training and use. I would not want to be hit with one by someone using proper technique.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login