Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Force M-14 D/A Black Carbon Fiber Automatic Tanto Knife - Bead Blast

Posted by jasonstone20 
Delta Force M-14 D/A Black Carbon Fiber Automatic Tanto Knife - Bead Blast
September 09, 2022 08:06PM
I just got this knife yesterday: Delta Force M-14 Dual Action

It is about the same length as a Spyderco Tenacious, with a blade about the same length at 3.3". I have always wanted a Benchmade Mini-Reflex 2550/2551, and you can see the likeness of the handles (bird-head type):

I also wanted a knife that was Dual Action or Double Action, meaning it can operate like a Manual Knife or an Automatic Knife. I really liked Butch Valloton Knives who made Dual Action Auto's. The blade has an American Tanto blade edge of 3", and it is my preferred EDC edge, as the secondary tip is very handy. The knife has a hidden button for Automatic operation. The handle is made of aluminum, with carbon fiber inserts. For safety, the pocket clip is tip down only, in case the trigger button is accidentally triggered (this happened to me once already, and it is a good thing it is tip down, it made it very easy to fix after the accidental opening). The knife is about 4.5oz, so it isn't light, but about a medium weight. It is a mid-back lock, and has the lock release recessed into the frame handle, which I think is a good design, since it makes accidental blade closer very difficult:

More to come.....
Re: Delta Force M-14 D/A Black Carbon Fiber Automatic Tanto Knife - Bead Blast
September 10, 2022 04:09PM
Turns out this knife is a copy of the Colt AR-15 knife. I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.
September 24, 2022 05:43PM
I really am digging the Double Action knife I just got. I wish all knives could have a mechanism like this (not the specific lock works), were you can choose to open it manually or using a hidden automatic release button. I think it is stupid that automatic knives have a restricted legal status(including Bali-songs/Butterfly knives), it just doesn't make any sort of sense. Also, I am finding 440A steel to be more that adequate for EDC edge retention
August 02, 2023 10:14PM

The blade has an American Tanto blade edge of 3", and it is my preferred EDC edge, as the secondary tip is very handy.

Can you elaborate? I am interested in what you use the secondary tip for. I've never tried using one of these.
August 06, 2023 01:28AM
I use the secondary tip mostly for opening boxes and cutting cardboard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login