Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sitivien ST 124 Crossbar folder

Posted by Cal_Bowie 
Sitivien ST 124 Crossbar folder
September 08, 2022 06:35PM
I bought this knife because I’ve always wanted to try an Axis/Crossbar locking knife, but don't have the disposable income for a Benchmade at the moment. I don’t know much about Sitivien, other than it is a Chinese company.

I’m impressed. The quality is rather astonishing for about $30. The grinds are symmetrical, the blade is centered, the action is drop shut (probably common with Crossbar locks), and there is no blade-play at lockup.

For someone who has primarily carried a Spyderco Delica for the last decade, the 124 is thick and heavy. The knife has steel liners with holes in them to reduce weight, but with rounded G-10 scales, it is still quite hefty for its size. In terms of thickness, it is thicker than a Spyderco PM2, but the scales are rounded and quite comfortable in my hand when squeezing down hard.

The blade shape has a lot of belly upfront, so I don't find it ideal for zipping open packages. I haven't done a lot of serious cutting with it, but the blade-stock is definitely thicker than my flat-ground Delica. The steel is D2, I've made the apex bevel at a smaller degree but haven't done a great job at getting it shaving sharp.

The pocket clip is a deep carry type that is not reversible and positions the blade tip up for right handed carry.

I've discovered I really like crossbar locks. Definitely handier than liner locks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2022 06:37PM by Cal_Bowie.
Re: Sitivien ST 124 Crossbar folder
September 09, 2022 07:47PM
Cal Bowie,
Nice looking knife!

PS: Cal Bowie, we started message boards/groups on Discord and Instagram, you are welcome to join us there. I can DM you the links if you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login