Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kansept Reverie, G-10

Posted by luisknivacc 
Kansept Reverie, G-10
June 28, 2022 05:31PM
A couple of months back I was in an online shopping kick because I was stuck inside with Covid and couldn't go catch some air and think about saving money instead, and having watched some videos about a cheaper version of the expensive Kansept Reverie coming out, I decided to get myself one.

The version I have is the one with the purple G-10, 154CM steel blade and black coated blade. Specs are easily found online, so I'll tell you the ones that aren't - thickness behind the edge was around 13 thousands of an inch when new, and unlike the older siblings, this one doesn't have a recurve near the ricasso quite yet. In my L-XL size hands it just barely fits all four fingers, and because I am left-handed and the knife comes with a fixed tip up right side carry clip, it's quite comfortable in hand, although I think the clip would be a bit of a hot-spot if I used it on the right hand. The G-10 is fairly grippy, and milling out done near the top end of the handle (where the bolster is in the fancier versions) is actually quite good for traction, and I appreciate that Justin Lundquist goes out of his way to consistently have the same milled design on his knives so that they're recognisably his work at a glance.

The knife is actuated via top flipper, which is really the only way to do it, and the traction on the flipper is quite good. When the knife was brand new and being fidgeted with constantly the detent was a bit on the strong side, causing skin discomfort, but with time it has broken in nicely to the point it's easy to deploy with both the thumb or pointer finger. The pivot seems to have the blade running on ceramic ball bearings, and even with the coated blade, the action is quite smooth.

As for what actually matters, the cutting, it works well. A hybrid between a clip point and a drop point, the tip is suitably thin for what is a reasonably short blade, you're certainly not going to split the average apple in one go with it. The grind is reasonable, not really wowing me compared to a lot of more traditional blades, but working fine for what it is. The knife stays in hand well, and you can index it easily enough.

Price-wise, at the time of purchase this was around $70, being that I paid a bit more as European retailers often have more expensive prices in general. I've been happy with it, it rides well in the pocket on my left side, I'm not worried about accidental deployment as the detent is strong enough that the knife won't open without purposeful actuation of the top flipper, which is unlikely to happen given it lives in the same pocket as my phone, and so they're tucked against each other.

Performance-wise, I don't think it will astonish anyone, but if you've found Justin Lundquist's designs visually appealing and you've been itching to try a top flipper, this is a solid knife, and I think will serve you well.

Any questions y'all have etc. are more than welcome.
Re: Kansept Reverie, G-10
June 30, 2022 04:41AM
Luis,
Interesting, I haven't heard of this knife. I think I will check one out!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login