me2
Second Attempt At Competition Shooting
October 03, 2021 07:37PM
Overall this attempt was much better than last time. I shot the same 22 silhouette competition as before. This time I shot both iron sights and scoped at 58 and 100 yards respectively. Both rifles were my pair of Marlin 60s, one with aftermarket peep sights and the other with a scope. I also tried the iron sight section with my Henry lever action but the sights are still a work in progress. Is hot a 63% on the scoped part but only a 5/30 on the iron sights. I took a couple zero shots and saw the wron holes in the target so I moved the opposite way I needed to center the group. On the other hand my group was considerably smaller than last time I tried this. I’ll probably do it again next month but I need to spend a lot more time with the iron sighted rifle. I don’t think it’s accurate enough that I’ll ever win, but I’m just looking for improvement. I did go 1 for 2 on the penny target at 100 yards and I also found out my rifle matches Nikons BDC drop reticle really closely. I shot the first round of 25 shots in the scope competition using the Nikon Spot On app predictions for drop with a 50 yard zero.
me2
Re: Second Attempt At Competition Shooting
May 02, 2022 01:47PM
The rifle range used for this competition has been closed for construction for a couple months. I just saw it has reopened so I’ll likely try again in June. I finally have the iron sights on my Henry set so I may use that.
May 07, 2022 05:32PM
Chris,
Awesome! You didn't necessarily mention if you had fun! Did you? It sounds like it would be super fun!
me2
May 08, 2022 01:02AM
It’s pretty entertaining. The last one was interesting. I was first and last since I was the only one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login