Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IS ANYONE HERE? guys, I would start archiving both forums now, as the forum is going to be gone in a couple of months.

Posted by jasonstone20 
Could everone that is still active on the forum check in here on this post by just replying 'here' ? If I don't get any responses, I am not going to renew the website domain and this forum, and the old forum archive, will be off the internet forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2024 05:57PM by jasonstone20.
Re: IS ANYONE HERE?
February 01, 2024 09:05PM
Here! My account was only approved today.
February 02, 2024 02:21AM
Here.
February 02, 2024 03:51PM
Here!
February 04, 2024 02:38PM
Awesome everyone, keep replying when you log in if you haven't already.

Thank you, everyone, I am going to keep trying to have the forum and the archive of the old forum up and running, but I am disabled and not working, all my money goes to bills. The site isn't crazy expensive to run, especially if you break down the cost to either monthly or yearly, and even in a lump some it isn't huge, about the price of s Benchmade 940 or a Spyderco Para-Military 2.
sal
February 14, 2024 12:29AM
Hi Jason,

I'm here, though not as often as I'd like. Other forums.

Maybe you need to get some donations to maintain the site?

sal
February 14, 2024 03:08AM
sal
Maybe you need to get some donations to maintain the site

I mentioned this in another thread but I probably should have put it here instead:

alkali
If either cost or maintenance effort becomes an issue, send me a PM. I might be able to assist.
February 16, 2024 05:21AM
sal, alkai
Well, it was paid for, not by me, to start, and then renew the site. I'd like to keep it up and going if I can, but I am not doing much knife related things right now. Although it is still a passionate interest of mine, and I got burnt out when Cliff took a break from 2015-2020 keeping his site going, and I don't have the wind in my sails about knives since Cliff and a few others that I considered close friends passed away, most of it COVID related. I am trying to get my life back together since it was disrupted right before COVID and then it has been one thing after the other since 2019, some rather huge changes. That said, I don't want to lose the site, I rather keep it online and rebuild. I understand everyone else is also trying to get back to normal, but the truth is, other than Spyderco, ESEE, and Busse-kin, along with Victorinox, I don't see anyone doing anything worthwhile in the knife industry, except the individual work of Shawn/Triple B/Big Brown Brear, and Larrin Thomas. Now, that is plenty to keep my busy if I can get things back to normal on my end, I am just trying to make sure at least an ember is burning here, so the flame doesn't go all the way out. I still sharpen knives, my sharpening skills haven't been better, but I don't sharpen for enjoyment or exploration anymore. I am working on getting back to making my neck knife and belt knife packages with the Kydex sheath and Victorinox Paring and Rabbit knives. I just was not in shape physically or mentally to be working with power machinery or sharp things. This is the first time I have really been able to come up for air, I have been in survival mode for too long. Nice to hear from you both, I am open to suggestion on how to proceed. There are some new members but limited activity on the social media/message boards I set up, though I think I might close them, since I believe the take away from activity on this forum. Thank you both.
February 19, 2024 10:25PM
Here.
February 19, 2024 10:29PM
Wolfgang,
Awesome!

If I can get around 10-12 regular posters here we will be in business. We are about halfway there!
February 19, 2024 10:47PM
jasonstone20
Wolfgang,
Awesome!

If I can get around 10-12 regular posters here we will be in business. We are about halfway there!

Cool.

I don’t check in as often as I’d like as, like you’ve said about yourself, I’m burnt out with a lot of this stuff.

I’ve just been enjoying my blades and abrasives and don’t even use spreadsheets for experiments anymore; I just keep it all in my head.

I will always check in though, and if the form ever gains more traffic I’ll be sure to partake and contribute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2024 10:48PM by Wolfgang.
March 22, 2024 04:25AM
I'm here, but mostly moderating away the spam in the background.
March 22, 2024 04:31AM
Older Spice,
Awesome, there is always a lot more of it in a presidential election year, I wonder why that is, wierd.
March 22, 2024 09:58PM
Probably search engine optimization strategies intended to boost specific sites for certain queries.
March 29, 2024 10:05PM
Here
April 01, 2024 05:34PM
Hey Curmudgeon!!!

I am working on a project, I will post it here. I am going to do a live stream discussing pocket knife sharpeners. I am just waiting on getting enough money to buy the Spyderco Webfoot, as I already have the Golden Stone, and maybe a few others. I have discovered a lot of cool ones, not sure if I am going to buy them all. I am thinking the weekend would be the best time for the podcast.
April 01, 2024 05:55PM
guys, I would start archiving both forums now, as the forum is going to be gone in a couple of months.
The price to keep the forum going if you guys want that option instead of going to a message board, is around $200. I don't have the money, and the site expires in June or July I believe, $200 will keep this site up and running for another 2 years.
I can probably come up with $100 of my own money to keep the Old Forum and the New Forum up and running, so that just leaves $100 that needs to be raised. I will be happy to take donations, I really think having the Olf Forum and Cliff Stamps work and research is important to the knife community. However, if there is no one t support it, then it won't be available unfortunately.
Jason,

I only found out about Cliff's passing recently. His knowledge and willingness to share it and teach others helped me immensely in learning how to sharpen and sort out the signal from the noise. It would be a shame for all of his posts to go away as there is such a wealth of information in them as I realized in rereading some of them over the past week.

Send me a private message here and I'll send you some money somehow.
Jason - please PM me with:

1. the amount still needed (after your contribution and that from ChrisS)
2. instructions for getting funds to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2024 03:24AM by alkali.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login