Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Old Cliff Stamp Forum Site is Up and Running Again: https://www.oldforum.beyondt01micron.com [url=http://www.oldforum.beyondt01micron.com]Old Forum[/url]

Posted by jasonstone20 
Unfortunatly, the old Cliff Stamp Forum site Is down, we are working on getting it up and running again ASAP and hopefully a Torrent Download for the Old Forum also, so stay tuned TRUE BELIEVERS!

UPDATE:
Forum is up and running, check out the latest message:
www.oldforum.beyondt01micron.com
Old Forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2023 12:56AM by jasonstone20.
If you could get the old Cliff Stamp forum page back online that would be really great!

I keep my fingers crossed for this and also for the torrent download from the old forum!
Ok, I just talked to Pat Stamp via text, and he said he is going to check on getting the old forum up and running first thing tomorrow morning his time zone
That sounds really good and I really hope it works. I'm just not sure if it's really that easy - simply because the domain cliffstamp.com has expired and is for sale. But I don't know much about things like websites, domains, etc., so I hope my worries are unfounded!
KingShapton,

Yeah, that for sale page is just a default screen. It was a simple issue that triggered this problem and that means it is an easy fix, thankfully! Should be taken care of before the week is up hopefully.
jasonstone20

any news on the attempt to bring the old Cliff Stamp forum site back online?

Some time has passed since the announcement, I'm almost afraid that it's not that easy after all?!

And what about the possibility of a torrent download with the data from the old forum page? Unfortunately nothing seems to have happened yet...

Any news is welcome, at the moment unfortunately the impression is that nothing is happening....
Gentlemen, I apologize for any ghosting I may have done. In between the unfortunate news about Cliff and the forum (hopefully temporarily) being locked I have just been very busy with stuff and never found myself returning here. If I had known that people needed the archive sooner I would have uploaded it.

The archive is around 3gb in size, last updated on 30 June 2021. Any posts after that I do not have. From what I can tell, if an image was broken when I archived it (due to things like photobucket URL expirations) then it is obviously not available, but otherwise everything else is intact.

I will reply with the URL, I am currently uploading it to the Internet Archive.
We still are working on getting the old forum site up and running. I have been busy with other stuff and also sick with whatever cold is going around. Looks like Worm Oracle uploaded the old forum to an achieving service, I might try doing the same if there is missing data, since my download was 29GB, not the 3GB that Worm Oracle had, but I didn't compress the data and kept all the file structure intact to be used locally.
Its great to have access to both:
Compressed and original versions.
Thank You Jason and Worm Oracle
for caring. I honestly appreciate it.

JS Cutting Tools
instagram.com/jscuttingtools
Worm Oracle

Thank you so much for uploading the archive!

I downloaded it successfully and called up a few pages as a test - occasionally a thread in tune up's seems to be missing here and there, but that's minimal. Maybe that's something Jason Stone's archive could help with.

But anyway, I'm so happy about this archive, thank you again from the bottom of my heart!!
jasonstone20

I hope you got over the cold by now?!

I'd still like to have a copy of your data from the old forum - the Worm Oracle copy is a great start and helps a lot, but on the first few test calls, threads seem to be missing here and there.

I think your copy of the data should be complete, so it would be really great if you occasionally found the time to make your copy of the forum available for download.

And at the same time I have to apologize for being so inactive here - unfortunately I have health problems that are getting worse and worse and that will not improve before my surgery in mid-February - then I will hopefully feel better after a somewhat larger surgical intervention ! And then I will be able to be more active again - online and offline!
KingShapton, do you happen to have some examples of which threads are missing? There might be some linking errors, I didn't see any but I didn't dig too deeply; all the HTML files should have been grabbed so the threads probably aren't really missing, the script just didn't connect them, if that makes sense.
Ok, still working on getting the old forum up and running. Seems everyone is super busy and dealing with some kind of crisis in one way or the other, I know I have been. Must be how the stars are aligned, ????
Worm Oracle
KingShapton, do you happen to have some examples of which threads are missing? There might be some linking errors, I didn't see any but I didn't dig too deeply; all the HTML files should have been grabbed so the threads probably aren't really missing, the script just didn't connect them, if that makes sense.

Worm Oracle,

I downloaded your archive, many thanks.

I find, for example, that going through the Tune Ups section there are dead links for pages 8 until 21. Pages 22 and following work again.

Also, in the working overview pages of the Tune Ups section (1-7, 22-26), there are dead links, at least in my download.
  • Example of a link that works: "...cliffstamp/www.cliffstamp.com/knives/forum/reade43a.html?7,68007" (the Diamond Waterstones topic).
  • Example of a link that does not work: "... cliffstamp/www.cliffstamp.com/knives/forum/read347c.html?7,9272" (Kershaw Junkyard Dog : regrind topic)

Can someone check whether they have the same dead links or that it is just my copy?

I archived the cliffstamp website myself on March 2022. I remember doing it several times with different settings of the archiving software. I will look into uploading the most complete archive I made then.
I zipped the archive I have of the old website and uploaded it to archive.org:

www.cliffstamp.com archive 2

The archive was created via HTTrack with two external links deep settings on March 3, 2022. At the time, I tried to capture as much data as possible, including images. That explains the large unzipped size (50 GB+).

As many external links were already broken, there are many empty subfolders in the parent directory. If you want to size the archive down, you can delete all subfolders in the main CSK/ directory, except for CSK/www.cliffstamp.com. The size will then be ~10 GB.
[discord.gg]

New Discord link

I am going to try and post these every few hours until everyone gets signed on
The old forum is up and running thanks to the hard work of KyleyHarris (cKc Knives) and the cooperation of Cliff Stamps brother, Pat Stamp: www.oldforum.beyondt01micron.com
Old Forum

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2023 12:52AM by jasonstone20.
Thanks for your work to preserve this resource.
Do you also have a mirror of the CliffStamp.com reviews? The Wayback Machine image appears incomplete.
Mr.Wizard
Do you also have a mirror of the CliffStamp.com reviews? The Wayback Machine image appears incomplete.

[cliffstamp.beyondt01micron.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2024 02:26AM by alkali.
Thank you alkali!
FYI: the security certificate for [oldforum.beyondt01micron.com] expired yesterday.
Mr. Wizard,
Yeah, I just saw when I logged on, thank you for the notice, I will get on that.
Mr.Wizard
FYI: the security certificate for oldforum.beyondt01micron.com expired yesterday.

jasonstone20
Mr. Wizard,
Yeah, I just saw when I logged on, thank you for the notice, I will get on that.

Looks like this still needs to be fixed.

Presumably Kyley Harris also has the requisite bits...maybe he can help?
alkai,

Yeah, unfortunately renewing the security certificate costs money, I am working on raising it, but I don't think this forum is going to be here much longer. I have maintained the forum, but I did not pay for it, or set it up, and the person who did is busy with other things, so I am not sure how much longer this forum is going to be up and running.
Ideally if we could find something more transparent than Discord, but still as responsive I think we would be in good shape moving away from forums.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login